Unlike a fixed Coldroom, a FMU is only used when required doubling the use of the same area, particularly important when little space is available. The FMU is simply constructed from a pre-made thermal roof panel which is suspended from a ceiling or wall, often in a corner, Tempro curtains are fitted on to SMIOs unique track to provide nearly 6 to 7 cubic metres of chilled space which is then chilled by a well tried and tested evaporator designed for the purpose and runs from a 13 amp single phase supply.
A temperature of 2°C is usually achieved in under 15 minutes. The FMU can be made bigger if required. With the addition of Track-Rack shelving inexpensive, hygienic location and storage is ensured. For up to 6/8 bodies.
- Instant chill space only when needed.
- 2°C in under 15 minutes from a 13 amp evaporator with fast draw down.
- Installation in under four hours, average.
- Track-Rack shelving ensures maximum storage, easy handling and positive location.
- Requires little service or maintenance.
- A FMU will increase holder's facility and reduce costs.
- Minimal capital outlay.
- Can be bespoke, extended or moved.
- All parts may be repaired, replaced or recycled.
Standard dimensions are 1200mm deep by 2200mm long by 2100mm high.
External material is Blue PU coated Nylon and White PU coated Nylon internally.
Insulation grade is TF25 Standard Tempro with an intrinsic thermal resistance of 0.66m2K/W.