Substantial energy and fuel savings can be achieved when using Back-Stop™ and the flexibility and simple functionality of the system provides easy access during loading and unloading whilst still retaining the required temperature with the vehicle rear doors open.
SMI’s Tempro® Back-Stop™ is an insulated door curtain system based on SMI’s original development for supermarket cold rooms and freezer. Which save 25% in chillers and an amazing 33.3% in freezers.
The Back-Stop™ system consists of four movable insulated Tempro® Curtains, two suspended on the front rail and two on the back rail, all fitted on one SMI sliding bar mounted below the truck ceiling. All four Tempro® curtains are fitted with a window made from clear cold safe PVC to allow outside light into the freezer or chiller space when the curtains are closed.
The curtains can be moved by hand to any position on their track as required. The curtains are held in position, open or closed, by a magnet and can be released back into their position by a pull handle
- Back-Stop™ curtains conserve significant amounts of energy by retaining chill.
- With vehicle back doors open, at least three quarters of the load is automatically protected.
- Driver friendly Back-Stop™ curtains are activated simply by the driver pulling open the curtain.
- Back-Stop™ curtains can be made to any width or height and are usually in fours. Their unique design allows them to be trimmed to fit.
- They are soft and lightweight, easily cleaned, hygienic, flexible and fit well.
- The curtains are available either as an option for new goods vehicles, or they can be retrofitted.
- Back-Stop™ curtains prevent temperature losses from damaged rear doors and seals.
- Curtains are fitted with Bio-Gard™ Anti-Bacterial window to allow entry of outside light when the curtains are closed.
- Every part can be repaired and recycled. Tempro® is fire retardant to BS 5867 Pt 2 1980.